|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
CCH Launches State Tax NexusExpert: Helping Business Tax Professionals Reach Solutions Faster
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., December 6, 2010) – Navigating through complicated nexus issues and having greater ability to see if common business activities may impact corporate income tax and sales and use tax reporting are core functions of CCH’s new State Tax NexusExpert. CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services (CCHGroup.com).
As part of CCH’s powerful IntelliConnect® research platform, State Tax NexusExpert serves as an integrated knowledge center of practice-oriented research materials, strategies and tools designed to help tax professionals identify potential nexus conflicts. It’s designed to incorporate tax research materials that follow the professional’s workflow for creating easier connections to critical information and generating increased productivity – saving time while improving efficiency.
“The ability to quickly find answers to questions on doing business in different states is essential,” said Linda Carlson, CCH Senior Manager of New Product Development for Federal & State Tax. “Many states are adjusting tax laws to generate more revenue in tough economic times. Staying ahead of ongoing state tax changes and nexus issues makes it easier to justify business decisions and financial strategies.”
Stay Ahead with the Latest Nexus News and Research
The expert guidance tools provided within State Tax NexusExpert are designed to keep users updated on the latest legislative news, state filings and CCH’s library of tax information. Content features include:
- Nexus News – quick access to new tax nexus developments in each state and links to State Tax Day summaries;
- CCH Tax Tracker News™ – a customized daily news service delivered via e-mail or to users’ personalized news web page. Also, the new State Tax Nexus News tracker alerts users to new tax nexus developments;
- Qualification for Doing Business – summarizes state requirements for a corporation to qualify to do business in states other than its state of incorporation and provides business law summaries for all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico;
- What Constitutes Doing Business (CT Corporation) – clarifies terms of doing business by a corporation in states foreign to the state of its incorporation. Also includes statutory definitions of “doing business” for each state; and
- Sales and Use Tax Nexus – examines specific actions and legal issues surrounding the determination of sales and use tax nexus.
Productivity Tools and Practice Aids
State Tax NexusExpert also includes more than 180 charts that link directly to state explanations, laws and regulations on topics ranging from threshold standards to business registration, sales activities and other actions that may create tax nexus. Qualification for Doing Business Smart Charts are also featured – allowing for seamless workflow and navigation to content from the Corporate Governance Guide.
Smart Charts can easily be e-mailed and are compatible with Microsoft® Word and Excel® documents for viewing and downloading. Additionally, Quick Lookup tools instantly connect users with state agency contact and business filing fee information.
Valuable training, consulting and CPE is available and designed to meet your needs. From live training sessions to on-demand online learning, CCH provides the help you need, where and when you need it.
For More Information
For more information on CCH State Tax NexusExpert, please visit CCHGroup.com or call 1-888-CCH-REPS (1-888-224-7377).
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is the leading global provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading solutions are The ProSystem fx® Suite, CorpSystem®, CCH® IntelliConnect®, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill. Wolters Kluwer (www.wolterskluwer.com) is a market-leading global information services company. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
-- ### --