|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
CCH CompleteTax Adds Enhancements, Free Version and Early Start for Upcoming Tax Season
Starting Soon, Taxpayers Will Have Access to More CompleteTax Choices, More Features to Make Tax Prep Simpler and Maximize Their Refunds
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., November 18, 2009) – CCH announced today that taxpayers will see many enhancements to its online consumer tax prep and e-filing software, CompleteTax®, for the upcoming tax season. These include the addition of both a Free and Deluxe versions and new tools for valuing charitable contribution deductions and tracking refunds. CompleteTax (www.CompleteTax.com) also will be available approximately one month earlier, beginning December 18, allowing people to start their taxes sooner, estimate their refund and take advantage of the new CompleteTax charity deduction tool to get an even bigger tax break.
“CompleteTax is the smart, simple solution for taxpayers who want to get their taxes done right, maximize their refund and then get on with their lives,” said Gary Lundberg, CompleteTax product management director. “Over the past year, we’ve made significant enhancements aimed at delivering the best value and the right choice for anyone that needs to file an income tax return – from the first-time filer to sole proprietor.”
Among the new CompleteTax product additions taxpayers will see starting December 18 are:
- CompleteTax Free – a free federal product for people with simple tax returns who want to accurately prepare their return and get the biggest refund.
- CompleteTax Deluxe – joining the new Free as well as the existing Basic and Premium choices is CompleteTax Deluxe, ensuring taxpayers can find the right solution based on their needs to get their taxes done quickly and affordably.
CompleteTax also is adding several new features for the upcoming tax season, including:
- Refund meter, allowing taxpayers to track their refund as they go through their return;
- Charity deductions valuator, letting taxpayers quickly and accurately value non-cash donations to get a bigger deduction; and
- Audit protection, providing assurance and relief with professional assistance in the event of an audit.
“Our commitment to customers is making taxes simple. At the core of CompleteTax is CCH’s more than 95 years of tax expertise,” said Lundberg. “Building on this, we are focused on providing the best resources to help people complete their taxes without adding unnecessary bells and whistles. With CompleteTax, customers can log on and move easily through the program, review and e-file their return, get their refund and happily leave another tax season behind them. It’s that simple.”
CompleteTax, an online tax preparation and e-filing service for the do-it-yourself taxpayer, is the smart, simple solution for people who want to get their taxes done quickly, easily and accurately and maximize their tax refund. CompleteTax offers comprehensive resources for preparing and e-filing both federal and state income tax returns.
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. Wolters Kluwer is a leading global information services and publishing company (www.wolterskluwer.com).
-- ### --