|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
CorpSystem Sales Tax Office 2 From CCH Enhances Use Tax Control, Sales Tax Functionality
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., March 11, 2009) – CorpSystem® Sales Tax Office 2, the latest release of the state-of-the-art sales tax calculation system from CCH, now offers enhanced control over consumer use tax review and processing along with many enhancements to its sales tax functions. CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business, is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services (CCHGroup.com).
For consumer use tax, CorpSystem Sales Tax Office 2 walks the user step-by-step through a process of establishing rules for tax determination based on where purchased items are used, what the item is and how it is to be used. Once configured, there’s no need for tax department personnel to undertake the time-consuming process of coding invoices or GL entries to ensure that the proper amount of tax will be accrued and paid. This gives the user complete control over the consumer use tax review and process, as well as a complete visual of everything that is happening behind the scenes to ensure the accuracy that is required.
“With state governments increasingly energetic in reaching out for every tax dollar, consumer use tax compliance is becoming a major concern of corporate tax departments, not only in terms of being able to automate the process but also to do so to the level of granularity this is needed to ensure a high level of compliance,” said CCH Product Manager Bruce Krumlauf. “This release of CorpSystem Sales Tax Office takes all the guess work out of the process and puts it in the hands of a tax professional to drive it the way they want it done.”
More Powerful, Flexible, Easier to Use
Additional enhancements to this release of CorpSystem Sales Tax Office include:
- Freight-follow rule functionality – automatically ensures that otherwise taxable freight charges are treated as non-taxable if the item being shipped is non-taxable.
- Ability to generate a stand-alone exempt sales report – makes it easier to verify exempt sales against actual hard-copy exemption certificates that have been provided by a user’s exempt customers.
- Expanded date range functionality for export files – allows users to select any date range rather than being confined to a calendar month or quarter, facilitating the use of a retail 4-4-5 calendar reporting methodology.
- SKU Category Mapping – expands the SKU/Group and Item mapping to categories rather than just single SKUs.
- Sales Tax Holiday Menu Item – makes it easier to configure sales tax holiday functionality.
- Enhanced printing and export of Taxability and Exemption Summaries – allows for exporting into Microsoft Excel® and capability for a user to add custom reports as a menu selection.
“We continue to make CorpSystem Sales Tax Office more flexible, powerful and easier to use, based on our ongoing conversations with our customers,” Krumlauf said. “Our goal is to give them software that becomes a natural part of their thought processes and workflows.”
For More Information
For more information about CCH’s sales and use tax solutions, call 1 -866-513-2677 or visit salestax.com.
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading products are The ProSystem fx® Office, CCH® TeamMate, CorpSystem®, CCH® Tax Research NetWork™, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading global information services and publishing company. The company provides products and services for professionals in the health, tax, accounting, corporate, financial services, legal, and regulatory sectors. Wolters Kluwer had 2008 annual revenues of €3.4 billion, employs approximately 20,000 people worldwide, and maintains operations in over 35 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Visit www.wolterskluwer.com for information about our market positions, customers, brands, and organization.
-- ### --