|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
CCH CompleteTax Makes Tax Prep and E-filing Even Easier and More Affordable for 2009
New Basic version offers comprehensive solution for less complex tax situations; both Basic and Premium versions are value priced and feature new interface to make it even easier to prepare, electronically file and get refunds fast
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., January 16, 2009) – Taxpayers now have two ideal choices for preparing and electronically filing their own tax returns with CCH CompleteTax® . Both CCH CompleteTax Basic and CCH CompleteTax Premium are available now at CompleteTax.com, and each offers taxpayers an easy and affordable way to complete their tax returns while ensuring they aren’t paying more than they should either on their taxes or for their tax prep solution.
“Over the past decade, CCH CompleteTax has become a clear choice for taxpayers who want a straightforward way to prepare and file their own tax returns. Built into this intuitive web-based software are years of CCH expertise in tax law and information. So, customers know they are getting their taxes done quickly and correctly and receiving the tax refund they deserve,” said Debra Gray, CCH CompleteTax product manager.
To help even more people reach this conclusion, taxpayers are encouraged to try CCH CompleteTax for free by simply logging onto the site and starting their tax return. Users need only pay when they are ready to print or file their tax return.
Two Value-priced, Easy-to-use Versions
Taxpayers will now be able to choose which CCH CompleteTax to use based upon their tax situations. CCH CompleteTax Basic is ideal for taxpayers with 1040EZ and simple tax returns, where itemizing is not needed and wages (W-2) and Form 1099 interest are the only sources of income. CCH CompleteTax Premium remains the choice for taxpayers with more complex tax returns, including entrepreneurs and investors.
Both versions are value priced with CCH CompleteTax Basic costing just $9.95 for a federal tax return. Federal tax return preparation costs for CCH CompleteTax Premium for 2009 remain the same as last year at just $29.95, making it among the most cost-effective solutions available for millions of taxpayers. With either version, taxpayers also can choose to prepare a state return for just $19.95. Free e-filing has always been included with CCH CompleteTax.
Both versions also feature CCH CompleteTax’s new interface, which makes it even easier for taxpayers to prepare and file their tax returns. And, because CCH CompleteTax is all online, there is no software that needs to be downloaded and consumers can easily move between computers while completing their returns.
For 2009, among the features taxpayers will realize from CCH CompleteTax are:
- Expertise and reliability – CCH CompleteTax is developed by CCH, a company that tax professionals have relied upon since the inception of the income tax in 1913. With intelligence built in, CCH CompleteTax automatically checks for mistakes and oversights and provides direct links to any potential issues for easy, real-time correction.
- Flexible support options – CCH CompleteTax’s tools and resources include an easy-to-access one-stop reference for all help features, including navigation aids such as “where do I enter?”, a glossary of tax terms and ready access to the easy-to-understand and fully searchable online 2009 Tax Guide.
- Comprehensive state tax resources – CCH CompleteTax supports tax preparation and filing for all 44 states that allow electronic filing. CCH CompleteTax offers extensive state tax support, including State Tax Resource pages for each state, providing taxpayers easy access to answers.
- Special resources for entrepreneurs and investors – For taxpayers managing investments, CCH CompleteTax is compatible with GainsKeeper, providing automated resources for investment and stock sales import; CCH CompleteTax also offers tools for entrepreneurs to easily capture business income and expenses.
- Fast refund options – CCH CompleteTax’s e-filing option helps make sure taxpayers owed a refund receive it as fast as possible, typically in less than two weeks through direct deposit; and CCH CompleteTax allows for split refunds in up to three bank accounts, including IRA or other retirement accounts.
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading products are The ProSystem fx® Office, CorpSystem®, CCH® TeamMate, CCH® Tax Research NetWork™, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading global information services and publishing company. The company provides products and services globally for professionals in the health, tax, accounting, corporate, financial services, legal and regulatory sectors. Wolters Kluwer has annual revenues (2007) of €3.4 billion ($4.8 billion), maintains operations in over 33 countries across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific and employs approximately 19,500 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.wolterskluwer.com.
-- ### --
EDITORS NOTE: Members of the press interested in accessing CCH CompleteTax for review should contact Mary Jung at 773-429-0940, email@example.com; or Leslie Bonacum at 847-267-7153, firstname.lastname@example.org.