|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
New Online Federal Banking Law Integrated Library Now Available from CCH, Aspen Publishers
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., November 4, 2008) – With the new Federal Banking Law Integrated Library from CCH and Aspen Publishers, part of Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, banking law professionals now have a single online source for their research and practice needs. This new Library brings together current information, authoritative analytical treatises and the text of the laws, rules and administrative materials in one online solution that will simplify and expedite research. Wolters Kluwer Law & Business is a leading provider of research information and software solutions in key specialty areas for legal and business professionals (business.cch.com).
“The current credit and economic crises have led to upheaval in the banking industry, placing new demands on attorneys advising financial institutions. Regulatory responses are already underway with the passage of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act and the Troubled Asset Relief Program; other regulatory initiatives will follow,” said Mae Schaefer, product manager at Wolters Kluwer Law & Business. “With this library, attorneys can find up-to-date information and analysis, with links in the analytical works to the cited primary sources.”
The Library is comprehensive, covering all current, hot button issues and developments facing the industry today including:
- Emergency Economic Stabilization Act;
- Troubled Asset Relief Program;
- Bank Secrecy and USA PATRIOT Acts;
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act;
- Subprime mortgage and securitization issues; and
- Money laundering and financial fraud.
At the center of the Federal Banking Law Integrated Library is the CCH Federal Banking Law Reporter, a comprehensive resource providing the full text of the banking laws and regulations, with explanations, annotations, court decisions and a wealth of agency materials, including guidance, manuals, handbooks, agency letters, advisory opinions and releases of proposed and adopted rule changes. In addition, QuickCharts provide instant access to key information on such subjects as the Bank Secrecy Act, subprime lending and current legislative, agency and judicial actions.
The Library also includes analytical treatises that provide expert analysis and guidance with links to relevant primary source documents. Titles include:
- Banking Law and Regulation by Michael P. Malloy, providing in-depth information and analysis on virtually every component of banking law and regulation.
- Federal Money Laundering Regulation: Banking, Corporate and Securities Compliance by Steven Mark Levy, giving guidance on recordkeeping and reporting; information sharing and compliance; money laundering crimes; forfeiture of assets and more.
- Securities Activities of Banks by Melanie Fein, providing expert insight for avoiding the common compliance pitfalls associated with securities operations.
- Insurance Activities of Banks by Karol K. Sparks, supplying expert guidance on the compliance obligations of state banks, national banks, thrifts and credit unions involved in insurance sales.
- Bank Directors’, Officers’ and Lawyers’ Civil Liabilities by John K. Villa, an essential resource for attorneys advising banks and litigating or working to settle cases brought by federal or state regulators.
The Library also offers CCH white papers, including the most recently released one on The Economic Bailout: An Analysis of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act.
For More Information
For more information on the Federal Banking Law Integrated Library, call 800-344-3734 or contact a sales representative at 888-224-7377.
About Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
Wolters Kluwer Law & Business is a leading provider of research products and software solutions in key specialty areas for legal and business professionals, as well as casebooks and study aids for law students. Its major product lines include Aspen Publishers, CCH, Kluwer Law International and Loislaw. Its markets include law firms, law schools, corporate counsel and professionals requiring legal and compliance information. Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, a unit of Wolters Kluwer, is based in New York City and Riverwoods, Ill.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading global information services and publishing company. The company provides products and services globally for professionals in the health, tax, accounting, corporate, financial services, legal and regulatory sectors. Wolters Kluwer has annual revenues (2007) of €3.4 billion ($4.8 billion), maintains operations in over 33 countries across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific and employs approximately 19,500 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.wolterskluwer.com.