|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
CCH User Conference 2008 Offers New Learning, Networking Opportunities
Event Brings Together Top Professionals, Solutions, Technology to Build Next Generation of Success
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., July 24, 2008) – CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business today announced the agenda for its 2008 User Conference. The world-class conference provides professionals the opportunity to learn from industry leaders and peers about best practices, tools and trends to strengthen their business through focused educational sessions and networking opportunities. The event will take place October 26-29 at the Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, Calif. CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services (CCHUserConference.com).
The agenda features keynote speeches from today’s thought leaders on professional, technological and generational issues; a range of CPE-accredited educational opportunities; insights on best practices; and information on the latest tools and trends.
A variety of keynote speakers will address the changes and challenges facing firms today, and the solutions that can lead to a profitable future. Speakers include:
- Jason Jennings, Top Business Speaker and Bestselling Author
Jason Jennings has spent 20 years founding and leading successful businesses and consulting other companies, teaching them how to achieve their full economic potential. He has studied tens of thousands of companies to identify the most productive and profitable companies in the world, with a focus on providing professionals with practical advice on the right ways to grow and build an enduring business. He is the world-renowned author of several books, including the bestseller Think BIG – Act Small.
- Peter Sheahan, Thought Leader and Expert on Generational Change
Peter Sheahan is an inspiring speaker whose ideas and experiences are changing the face of the business world. A leading expert in workforce trends and generational change, he is able to identify areas of untapped potential within organizations and help firms turn potential into performance. With a reputation for transforming traditional business practices, Sheahan’s consulting practice includes clients such as Newscorp, Google, Coca-Cola, L’Oreal and Ernst & Young. He is the author of several books, including the bestseller Generation Y: Thriving (and Surviving) with Generation Y at Work, and the new FL!P , focusing on how the power of creative and lateral thinking can be harnessed to revolutionize innovation in businesses.
- Kevin Robert, CEO, Wolters Kluwer Tax and Accounting
Kevin Robert is CEO of Wolters Kluwer Tax and Accounting, a global provider of information, software and services for tax, accounting and audit professionals. Heading worldwide operations, Robert has significantly expanded CCH’s global footprint in serving professionals with market-leading solutions. He is consistently recognized by Accounting Today as one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in the industry. A longstanding leader in the profession, Robert has been extensively involved in the development of CCH’s online and software strategies and launch of the company’s award-winning ProSystem fx® suite and CCH Tax Research NetWork.
- Mike Sabbatis, President, CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
Mike Sabbatis leads CCH in serving as a strategic partner to professionals, providing leading integrated online solutions and helping them build more intelligent businesses. One of Accounting Today’s Top 100 Most Influential People, Sabbatis has more than 25 years experience in the software, technology and information industries. Throughout his career, he has successfully led businesses domestically and globally. A thought-leader in the industry, Sabbatis is a frequent speaker on the topics of technology, trends, leadership and business effectiveness.
Practical Sessions Provide Innovative Ideas, Authoritative Information
The CCH User Conference offers a full program of CPE-accredited sessions to help attendees meet their professional needs and get full advantage the latest information and technology. Sessions range from interactive lectures to hands-on workshops and are organized on five tracks: Firm Management; Tax; Accounting & Audit; Technology; and General Topics. Attendees can choose from a variety of classes and workshops to create the curriculum best suited to their needs.
Firm Management includes such topics as:
- The Inside Story on Driving Highly Successful Firms;
- Investing in Your Firm’s Growth;
- Women in the Profession;
- Best Practices for Training;
- Developing a Global Accounting Practice;
- Generational Issues in the Profession;
- Supercharge Your Practice: Key Strategies to Increase Revenue and Grow Your Business;
- Ten Ways to Jazz Your Web Sites: Learn From Tourism Sites; and more.
Tax takes an in-depth look at:
- 2008 Tax Law Update – Changes and Opportunities for Business Clients and for Individual Clients;
- Best Practices in Tax Preparation;
- Understanding State Sales Tax & Income Tax Nexus;
- Best Practices in Tax Research;
- ProSystem fx Tax – What’s New for 2008;
- Electronic Filing – Exploring Best Practices
- Hot Topics in Tax Practice and Procedure: Circular 230, Preparer Standards, Penalties and More;
- Reviewing Tax Returns in a Paperless Environment; and more.
Accounting and Audit provides insight into:
- Best Practices in Paperless Engagement Management – Accounting & Audit;
- Navigating Schedule M-3: Bridging the Gap between Financial and Tax Accounting;
- Understanding the Accounting and Audit Professional Literature: A Concise Review;
- Best Practices in Accounting and Audit Research;
- ProSystem fx Engagement – Tips and Tricks;
- GAAP and GAAS Updates;
- IT Auditing;
- FIN 48 for Private Companies: Understanding the New Reporting Requirements for Non-Public Entities; and more .
Technology brings attendees up to speed on:
- A Practitioner’s Guide to the AICPA Top Ten Technologies;
- IT Strategies – Avoid Commoditization & Leverage Resources;
- Trends in IT Management;
- Implementing Client Portals with ProSystem fx Document;
- Trends in Virtualization;
- The New Workstation – Microsoft® Vista, Microsoft® Office 2007 – and Beyond;
- Windows® Server 2008 – Should I Consider Upgrading;
- Implementing Scanning Technologies; and more.
General Topics covers such subjects as:
- Adobe® Acrobat®;
- Best Practices in Document and Content Management;
- ProSystem fx Practice Management – Marketing in Minutes;
- Microsoft® Excel 2007 for Accountants;
- Paperless Tax Workflow – Improve the Process and Find the Profits;
- What’s New with ProSystem fx Scan;
- Best Practices for Multi-office Firms; and more.
A Community of Professionals
Throughout the conference, attendees will be part of a community of top professionals with the opportunity to learn about best practices that have led to success. They also will have ample opportunity to speak with CCH executives, senior product management and development teams regarding new products and product enhancements.
2008 User Conference Builds on Success, Offers New Programs
Since its inaugural event, CCH has set the standard for a tax and accounting user conference. In 2007, over 1,000 tax and accounting professionals attended the CCH User Conference. Overwhelmingly, attendees of the 2007 conference said they would attend the 2008 forum, with many bringing additional members of their firm. With 70 percent of the 2008 conference content being new, all attendees will come away with the latest innovative ideas and most authoritative information.
For More Information
The CCH User Conference 2008 will be held October 26-29, 2008, at the Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, Calif. For more information, please visit CCHUserConference.com or call 1-800-739-9998, then select option 1, followed by option 2.
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals and their clients since 1913. Among its market-leading products are The ProSystem fx® Office, CorpSystem®, CCH® Tax Research NetWork™, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading global information services and publishing company. The company provides products and services globally for professionals in the health, tax, accounting, corporate, financial services, legal and regulatory sectors. Wolters Kluwer has annual revenues (2007) of €3.4 billion ($4.8 billion), maintains operations in over 33 countries across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific and employs approximately 19,544 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.wolterskluwer.com.