|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
CCH 2007 User Conference Sessions Offer New Learning, Networking Opportunities
Strategic Forum Helps Professionals Build More Intelligent Businesses
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., July 30, 2007) – Tax and accounting professionals attending the CCH User Conference 2007 will learn from industry leaders and peers how to strengthen their performance and build more intelligent businesses through focused educational sessions and exceptional networking opportunities at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, November 4-7, 2007 (CCHUserConference.com). CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business is a leading provider or tax and accounting information, software and services (CCHGroup.com).
The 2007 User Conference agenda features: keynote speeches from today’s thought leaders on professional, business and technology issues; a range of CPE-accredited educational opportunities; insight on best practices; and information on the latest tools and trends.
“If this is the only conference that professionals attend in 2007, they will be fully informed and ready to take action on key trends and new developments in tax and accounting, best practices in the profession and the technology solutions they need to be more productive and profitable,” said CCH President Mike Sabbatis.
Professionals attending the event will learn how to build their businesses, streamline processes and simplify workflows. By the end of the conference, they’ll have new knowledge, insights and ideas on how to provide higher-value services to their clients; make smarter and more strategic investments in technology; apply best practices used by leading practitioners from firms of all sizes; and leverage the industry’s most advanced tax and accounting software and services.
“Our customers count on CCH as a strategic partner to deliver best of breed software solutions and to be a thought leader in the industry,” said Sabbatis. “This conference is one important way CCH delivers on that commitment.”
Keynote Speakers Cover Hot Topics
Keynote speakers at the CCH User Conference will provide a range of insight and experience on a series of timely topics. Speakers include:
- Robert Tucker is president of The Innovation Resource and an internationally recognized leader in the field of innovation. Tucker’s latest book is Driving Growth through Innovation: How Leading Firms Are Transforming Their Futures. As one of the leaders in the growing Innovation Movement, Tucker is a frequent contributor to publications such as the Journal of Business Strategy, Strategy & Leadership and Harvard Management Update. The Innovation Resource, based in Santa Barbara, Calif., is a consulting firm devoted exclusively to assisting companies seeking to improve top and bottom line performance via systematic innovation.
- Robert Kriegel, Ph.D. is a commentator on NPR’s Marketplace. One of the most in-demand business speakers, Dr. Kriegel teaches bold, innovative, out-of-the-box strategies for keeping ahead of the changes, challenges and competition in today’s dynamic marketplace. U.S. News & World Report referred to Kriegel as one of the country’s leading authorities in the field of change and human performance. Kriegel’s Sacred Cows Make the Best Burgers made Business Week’s bestseller list in its first month. His latest book is How to Succeed in Business Without Working So Damn Hard. An all-American athlete and pioneer in the field of sports psychology, Kriegel has coached both Olympic and pro athletes.
- Kevin Robert is CEO of Wolters Kluwer Tax and Accounting, a leading global provider of tax and accounting information, software and integrated workflow solutions under the CCH name for tax and accounting professionals around the world. Robert leads Wolters Kluwer tax and accounting operations for the U.S. at CCH and CCH Small Firm Services, Asia / Pacific and Canada. Formerly, Robert served as President and CEO of CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business. Under Robert’s leadership, CCH drove new levels of innovation and product integration as it expanded its full suite of tax and accounting information and software solutions globally. He also led the creation of an integrated customer-focused organization that is unique in the tax and accounting industry. Robert has been recognized as one of Accounting Today’s Top 100 Most Influential People in the tax and accounting industry.
- Mike Sabbatis is the President of CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business, where he leads the U.S. tax and accounting business in serving as a strategic partner in delivering leading integrated online solutions for professionals. During his 26 years in the software, technology and information industries, Sabbatis has successfully led businesses domestically and globally including activities in sales, marketing, business development and consulting. He is a featured speaker with a focus on technology, industry trends, leadership and business effectiveness. Previously, Sabbatis was the executive vice president of global sales and marketing for Wolters Kluwer Tax and Accounting focusing on the U.S., Canada and Asia Pacific businesses. He has been recognized by Accounting Today as one of the Top 100 Most Influential People in the industry. Previously, Sabbatis served as CCH Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
Practical Sessions Provide Innovative Ideas, Authoritative Information
The CCH User Conference 2007 features a wide range of CPE-accredited classes and workshops designed to help attendees meet their professional needs and advance their business by leveraging the latest information and technology.
Sessions are organized on five tracks to help attendees derive the maximum benefit from this comprehensive educational event. The tracks include: Firm Management; Tax; Accounting & Audit; Technology; and General Topics. Attendees can choose classes and workshops from different tracks to create the curriculum best suited to their needs.
Firm Management covers the important topics of:
- Take me to your leader – a leadership development workshop;
- Keys to success in developing a strategic growth culture;
- How to drive double-digit growth;
- The role of women in today’s profession;
- A roadmap to a niche – how to reach your niche goals;
- Unlocking your potential with executive coaching;
- Cultivating your practice for high net worth individuals;
- Choose your clients wisely; and more.
Tax offers expertise and insight on:
- 2007 tax law changes and opportunities for business clients;
- Preparing partnership returns – tips and tricks;
- Reviewing returns in a paperless environment;
- Advanced partnership tax return preparation;
- Mining your clients’ tax return data to grow your practice;
- Electronic filing – exploring best practices;
- Implementing the ProSystem fx Tax Worksheet View; and more.
Accounting & Audit provides comprehensive coverage of:
- SAS 109 – internal controls and IT issues;
- Conducting efficient paperless audits under the new audit risk assessment standards;
- Audit industry update;
- The power of data extraction;
- Identifying and documenting material tax positions (FIN 48/FAS 109);
- Introduction to ProSystem fx Knowledge Tools;
- Paperless review with ProSystem fx Engagement; and more.
Technology delivers need-to-know information about:
- Implementing scanning technologies;
- Disaster recovery and business continuity management;
- Best practices in document and content management;
- Technology trends in the accounting profession;
- IT management for the ProSystem fx Office Suite, and more.
General Topics will help attendees understand:
- What’s new with Microsoft® Office 2007;
- Driving the workflow superhighway;
- What’s new with ProSystem fx Document; and more.
Attendees can also choose from among different session formats. On each track, CCH will offer lectures and workshops, as well as interactive roundtable discussions where participants can talk to their peers at similar-sized firms. Panel discussions top off the programming as industry experts join with CCH executives, directors and product managers to discuss the latest trends, technologies and best practices.
For a complete conference schedule and list of classes and workshops, please visit CCHUserConference.com.
A Community of Customers
Throughout the conference, attendees will be part of a community of hundreds of CCH customers with the opportunity to learn about best practices that have led to success. They also will have ample opportunities to speak with CCH executives, senior product management and development teams regarding new products and product enhancements.
“As valuable as the conference is to attendees, it’s equally valuable to CCH management because it’s the ideal forum for customers to tell us directly about the challenges they face and how we can partner with them to achieve the strategic growth and success they’re looking for,” said Sabbatis. “It’s a reality check and a launching pad for new ideas and enhancements to our products and services.”
2007 Conference Builds on Success, Offers New Programming
In the three years that CCH has been holding the event, CCH has set the standard for a tax and accounting user conference. The CCH User Conference held in 2006 was a great success, with over 800 attendees, guests, strategic partners and CCH representatives.
Overwhelmingly, attendees of the 2006 conference said they would attend the 2007 forum, with many bringing with them additional members of their firm. With over 70 percent of the 2007 conference content being new, all attendees will come away with the latest innovative ideas and most authoritative information.
For More Information
For more information, please visit CCHUserConference.com or call 1-800-739-9998, then select option 4, followed by option 2. The CCH User Conference 2007 will be held Nov. 4-7, 2007, at the Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center, located near Dallas/Fort Worth.
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, audit and accounting information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals and their clients since 1913. Among its market-leading products are The ProSystem fx® Office, CCH® Tax Research NetWork™, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading global information services and publishing company. The company provides products and services for professionals in the health, tax, accounting, corporate, financial services, legal and regulatory sectors. Wolters Kluwer has 2006 annual revenues of €3.7 billion, employs approximately 19,900 people worldwide and maintains operations across Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on the Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information, visit www.wolterskluwer.com.