|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
CCH CompleteTax Offers Best Value for Online Tax Preparation and E-filing for Do-it-yourself Taxpayers
Easy-to-use, Low-cost Solution Supported by Top-notch Expertise
Special Support for Those Claiming State and Local Sales Tax, Higher Education or Educator Deductions
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., January 12, 2007) – Taxpayers looking for the most authoritative expertise and best value in online tax preparation and e-filing will be able to tap into CCH CompleteTax® (www.CompleteTax.com) starting today for the 2007 tax season. CCH CompleteTax, from CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business, provides even more functionality while continuing to set the standard when it comes to ensuring individuals have an easy-to-use, affordable resource for completing their taxes.
Using CompleteTax to prepare a federal tax return costs just $25.95; adding a state tax return costs just $12.95. Electronic filing is free for both federal and state returns prepared through CompleteTax. New for this year, a stored value card allows taxpayers preferring not to have their tax refund directly deposited into their bank account to still receive a fast refund. The stored value card can be used for purchases at any retail store, or be used at any ATM. Additionally, this year CCH CompleteTax provides special support for both those claiming certain deductions and for those seeking to file an extension.
“CompleteTax is a leading choice among both younger taxpayers just starting to file taxes on their own as well as more seasoned taxpayers who want rich tax expertise at the right price. These are people looking for a streamlined, hassle-free and affordable solution to getting their taxes done as quickly and easily as possible, which is exactly what CompleteTax is geared to do,” said Debra Gray, CCH CompleteTax product manager.
CCH CompleteTax leverages CCH’s market-leading tax law information and software expertise to provide one of the most comprehensive, straightforward online tax preparation and electronic filing solutions. The product is offered by the same CCH tax law research and software experts who developed ProSystem fx® Tax, the leading tax preparation software for tax professionals. CompleteTax also includes an online, fully searchable Tax Guide produced by the tax and financial experts responsible for the CCH Toolkit Tax Guide 2007, CCH's authoritative print reference for individual taxpayers. The Tax Guide and the CompleteTax program are all online and completely up-to-date incorporating the hundreds of tax changes that affect taxpayers’ 2006 tax returns.
“CompleteTax not only has the authority of more than 90 years of CCH income tax law expertise built in, but offers a program that is designed to be clear and concise, with all the right information and support,” said Gray. “Taxpayers simply log on, go through an easy-to-follow interview process, tap into any of our resources if they have a question, review their system-generated return, then let CompleteTax e-file their return and they are done, so they can get back to doing whatever they want with their free time.”
Special Support for Taxpayers for 2007
CCH CompleteTax will provide special support to taxpayers claiming the state and local sales tax, higher education or the educator deductions. Each of these deductions were passed into law after the IRS created the Form 1040. CompleteTax captures information on these deductions so eligible taxpayers will be able to claim them. Additionally, while the IRS reports it will not accept returns with these deductions until after February 3, taxpayers can prepare their taxes on CompleteTax before then, and the program will automatically file the return as soon as the IRS is ready to process, ensuring a smooth filing and a refund as soon as possible.
Also new for this year, taxpayers can use CompleteTax to quickly and accurately prepare an extension for their federal income tax return should they need time past the April 16 tax return filing deadline. Taxpayers then automatically have until October 15, 2007 to complete and file their return.
Among the other key features that set CCH CompleteTax apart are:
- Automatic data import of both information from 2005 tax forms for taxpayers returning to CompleteTax as well as importing of information from outside sources, including W-2 information from leading payroll processors and employers, further saving time.
- Automatic checking for mistakes and oversights with direct linking to the potential problems for easy, real-time correction throughout the process.
- Work-at-your-own-pace structure , allowing taxpayers to log on and off of the secure CompleteTax servers as they choose and access and complete their tax return online from any computer – Macintosh or PC – with Internet access without having to download software to their own computers.
- Comprehensive Help Center and technical support , including the fully searchable Tax Guide, glossary of tax terms and extensive state tax support as well as e-mail and real-time support via online chat.
- Automated Schedule D for investors via GainsKeeper (www.gainskeeper.com), allowing investors to automate capital gains calculations and import this into CompleteTax for income tax reporting.
- E-filing and fast refund , allowing taxpayers to use CompleteTax to e-file their return to the IRS and any of the 44 state tax agencies that support e-filing. Taxpayers also can choose to print and mail their returns. E-filers choosing direct deposit of their refund can expect to receive their refund in as little as two weeks compared to the six weeks it typically takes the IRS to process a mailed return.
Pricing and Availability
CCH CompleteTax is available starting January 12 to prepare and process 2006 tax returns. The cost for calculating, preparing and e-filing/printing a federal return is $25.95; the cost for a state return is $12.95, including e-filing where applicable. Payment for the service can be made via credit card or deduction from the filer's federal tax refund. Users can simply go to www.CompleteTax.com to access CompleteTax. Taxpayers can try before they buy, as CompleteTax does not require payment until a return is ready to be e-filed, or printed and mailed.
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax and accounting law information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals and their clients since 1913. Among its market-leading products are The ProSystem fx Office, CCH® Tax Research NetWork™, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading global information services and publishing company. Its shares are quoted on the Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information, visit www.wolterskluwer.com.
-- ### --
EDITORS NOTE: Members of the press interested in accessing CompleteTax for review should contact Mary Jung at 773-429-0940, email@example.com; or Leslie Bonacum at 847-267-7153, firstname.lastname@example.org.