|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
CCH Enhances State Business Income Tax Research & Compliance Manager
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., November 15, 2006) – CCH has added several new enhancements to its web-based State Business Income Tax Research & Compliance Manager to simplify research and streamline workflow. CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business, is a leading provider of audit, accounting and tax information, software and services (CCHGroup.com).
“We’ve added new Smart ChartsTM, new lookups for legislative and compliance developments and a new interactive tool, the Apportionment Planner,” said Angela Darrow, CCH product manager.
Smart Charts Provide Quick Answers
Three new Smart Charts provide quick answers to questions about e-filing, paying tax by electronic funds transfer and on multinational issues:
- Multistate Income Tax E-Filing Smart Charts – Provide state electronic filing mandates or options for corporations, pass-through entities and individuals, including filing thresholds; registration and application requirements; waiver and opt-out provisions; and other procedural details.
- Multistate Income Tax EFT Smart Charts – Offer access to state electronic funds transfer (EFT) requirements and options for corporations, including ACH debit, ACH credit and wire transfer payment options.
- Multistate/Multinational Smart Charts – Provide comprehensive answers and comments relating to state tax issues that impact corporations with inbound and outbound international operations, including: nexus standards for companies with and without treaty protection; reporting requirements and water’s edge elections; adjustments to income; state powers to examine transactions and require income or reporting adjustments.
These are in addition to the existing Multistate Income Tax and Healy and Schadewald's Annual Revenue Department Surveys Smart Charts, which provide quick answers on a wide rage of topics, from AMT to voluntary disclosure.
“Smart Charts are popular with our users because they provide clear, concise answers in a very usable format,” Darrow noted. “At the same time, they have links to in-depth research publications.”
Easy to Find What’s New
Two new lookups make it easy for users to find what’s new in the field of state business income taxation.
- Multistate Income Tax Legislative Developments – Provides quick answers with a topic list and in-depth analysis of business income tax laws enacted by each state within a given year. Direct links to detailed CCH Tax Day stories and the text of bills ensures that research is current and complete.
- Multistate Compliance Developments – Affords immediate access to comprehensive analysis of income tax, franchise tax and gross receipts tax compliance developments, with links to CCH Tax Day stories and bill text for state legislative developments. Chart topics include nexus thresholds, allocation and apportionment, adjustments to income, credits and reporting requirements.
“With this combination of easy lookups and links to in-depth stories, keeping up with the ever-changing field of state taxation has never been easier,” Darrow said.
Tool for Apportionment Calculations
Also new for the State Business Income Tax Research & Compliance Manager is the Apportionment Planner. This new tool enables users to select and calculate the general apportionment formula or special manufacturing apportionment formula for each state.
Users simply select the tax year and then select the type of business, either “general” or “manufacturing,” then choose one or more states. For each state chosen, they then enter the appropriate amounts, such as sales, property and payroll. Links to CCH explanations that discuss each factor for each state are included. The results screen provides an estimated apportionment percentage, and with one click, users can e-mail or download and save the conclusion screen.
For More Information
For more information or to subscribe to the State Business Income Tax Research & Compliance Manager, call a CCH sales representative at 1-888-CCH-REPS (1-888-224-7377) or visit CCHGroup.com.
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, audit and accounting information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals and their clients since 1913. Among its market-leading products are The ProSystem fx® Office, CCH® Tax Research NetWork™, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading global information services and publishing company. The company provides products and services for professionals in the health, tax, accounting, corporate, financial services, legal and regulatory, and education sectors. Wolters Kluwer has annual revenues (2005) of €3.4 billion, employs approximately 18,400 people worldwide and maintains operations across Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on the Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information, visit www.wolterskluwer.com.
-- ### --