|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
CCH Offers New Suite of Tax Planning, Compliance and Audit Solutions for California
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., October 4, 2006) – Professionals who deal with California tax issues now have a suite of current, complete and accurate resources and tools for efficient research from CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business and a leading provider of tax information, software and services (CCHGroup.com). The California State Tax Library on the CCH® Tax Research NetWork™ offers both practical, time-saving guidance and in-depth coverage, including superior explanations, laws, regulations, cases and rulings, as well as news, powerful practice tools and archives.
At the core of the California State Tax Library are the new California/Federal Conformity Code, the California State Tax Reporter – the leading electronic resource for in-depth California tax research – and theGuidebook to California Taxes, which provides quick highlights of major exemptions, deductions, exclusions, and credits – a highly useful resource for quick answers and efficient return preparation.
California/Federal Conformity Code
The major feature of the Library is a new and powerful productivity tool, California/Federal Conformity Code, which simplifies the process of dealing with California’s conformity to the Internal Revenue Code. California/Federal Conformity Code conveniently displays both California Tax Laws and the Internal Revenue Code sections as worded when reconciled with the California federal conformity date and other California statutory amendments for corporate and personal income tax.
“The California/Federal Conformity Code saves practitioners enormous amounts of time by reconciling California and federal law texts, with no need to search out federal provisions, California conformity legislation, and then having to decipher California’s treatment of federal law on their own,” said Angela Darrow, CCH product manager. “There is no other tool like this on the market.”
California/Federal Conformity Code is a perfect complement to a California State Tax Reporter on the CCH Tax Research NetWork, because it contains live links throughout explanations, laws and regulations. Archives of this valuable tool are also available for the past five tax years.
Quick Highlights, Research and Practice Tools
With the current year Guidebook to California Taxes, users can instantly access timely, concise and practical information on California taxes. They even have the ability to link directly to laws and regulations to support their decisions. The Guidebook provides quick highlights of major exemptions, deductions, exclusions and credits to make sure tax return preparers are aware of all the tax benefits available to their clients. It even includes a step-by-step preparation guide to California personal income tax returns for residents, non-residents and part-year residents.
A range of research and practice tools allow California State Tax Library users to save valuable research time. These include:
- CCH California Smart Charts™ which let researchers f ind answers fast without key word searching and contains links to in-depth explanations, supporting laws and regulations;
- CCH® SmartRelate™ which links together state explanations, laws, regulations, cases and rulings, and allows quick navigation to related materials with just a few clicks;
- Legislative Developments , an easy way to search or track state legislation and regulatory activity;
- Archived state tax laws and regulations from 1994 to the present;
- A tax calendar, with state and federal data; and
- The current Internal Revenue Code and regulations.
Keeping Up to Date
The California State Tax Library also comes with two valuable ways to keep up to date on tax developments:
- CCH Tax Tracker News– An exclusive daily service that provides customized news delivered via e-mail. This fully integrated news feature allows links directly to primary sources and CCH editorial materials.
- State Tax Review – CCH’s flagship state and local tax newsletter. This authoritative weekly newsletter is timely and comprehensive, with first-hand reports from an expert news staff that routinely attends and covers important tax meetings and stays on top of legislative and regulatory activity. In addition, the newsletter provides exclusive articles based on discussion of current issues by CCH’s State Tax Advisory Board of informed practitioners.
For More Information
For more information or to subscribe to the California State Tax Library on the CCH Tax Research NetWork, call your CCH Account Representative at 1-888-CCH-REPS (1-888-224-7377) or visit CCHGroup.com.
About CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business
CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, audit and accounting information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals and their clients since 1913. Among its market-leading products are The ProSystem fx® Office, CCH® Tax Research NetWork™, Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. CCH is based in Riverwoods, Ill.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading multinational publisher and information services company. The company’s core markets are spread across the health, corporate services, finance, tax, accounting, law, regulatory and education sectors. Wolters Kluwer has annual revenues (2005) of €3.4 billion, employs approximately 18,400 people worldwide and maintains operations across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on the Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information, see www.wolterskluwer.com.
-- ### --