|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
CCH and Aspen Publishers Titles Brought Together in the New Health Law & Compliance Integrated Library
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., September 5, 2006) – Professionals in the fields of health law and compliance now have electronic access to additional authoritative works from Aspen Publishers and CCH in the convenient online environment of the CCH Internet Research NetWork. The Health Law & Compliance Integrated Library now offers seven titles, ranging from comprehensive manuals to in-depth studies on specific issues. CCH and Aspen Publishers are brands of Wolters Kluwer Law & Business.
“We’re adding three new comprehensive titles to a group of definitive treatises and analytical works,” said CCH Product Manager Lauren Shohet Weiser. “Placed under the new name of Health Law & Compliance Integrated Library, this electronic environment provides subscribers with the latest issues on the health law front as well as the ability to link to federal and state laws, regulations, case law, pertinent Federal Register documents and agency reports.”
The three new titles that have been added to the Library are the: Health Law and Compliance Update; the Health Care Fraud and Abuse Compliance Manual; and the Clinical Research Compliance Manual: An Administrative Guide. Four titles in the Health Law & Compliance Integrated Library have been available on the CCH Internet Research NetWork since 2004 under the heading Health Law Treatises and Analysis. They are: Hospital Law Manual; Hospital Contracts Manual; Defending and Preventing Health Care Fraud and Abuse Cases: An Attorney's Guide and Civil False Claims; and Qui Tam Actions. These titles are available in any combination within the Library to meet the needs of professionals by providing clear guidance on the critical issues they confront on a daily basis.
- Health Law and Compliance Update – a two year compilation on emerging issues in health law and health care compliance. Each chapter is authored by an expert in the areas and includes analysis of the latest cases and statutes. The 2005 edition provides chapters that examine issues such as e-health, antitrust, privacy and confidentiality, ERISA preemption, compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley. The 2006 edition covers legal issues in home health care, health care information technology and the medical health record, internal auditing, tax compliance issues, analysis of recent OIG Advisory Opinions on gainsharing, and more with helpful checklists, charts and other tools.
- Health Care Fraud & Abuse Compliance Manual – a practical guide for health care providers, explaining fraud and abuse laws in plain language, using examples to illustrate the principles. This treatise helps providers determine the boundaries of permissible conduct under the myriad of statutes and regulations that relate to health care fraud and abuse at both the federal and state levels.
- Clinical Research Compliance Manual: An Administrative Guide – covers all issues relating to clinical research, including human subject protections, Institutional Review Board regulations and requirements, grants administration, management and accounting issues, conflicts of interest, scientific misconduct, reimbursement issues, clinical practice standards and intellectual property issues , with expert guidance and time-saving features.
The additional titles in the Library are:
- Hospital Law Manual – a comprehensive work known for more than 40 years as the definitive guide to the legal responsibilities and liabilities of health care providers and institutions.
- Hospital Contracts Manual – an expert analysis of hundreds of hospital contract situations, from physician compensation to shared services to third-party payer contracts.
- Defending and Preventing Health Care Fraud and Abuse Cases: An Attorney's Guide – a one-stop resource detailing how to prevent and defend criminal, civil and administrative health care fraud investigations.
- Civil False Claims and Qui Tam Actions – a comprehensive analysis of the Civil False Claims Act – from establishing the merits of a claim to determining the formula for arriving at the qui tam plaintiff’s award.
For more information or to subscribe to any or all of the Health Law & Compliance Integrated Library , call 1-888-224-7377 (1-888-CCH-REPS) to speak with a sales representative or visit the CCH Online Store at health.cch.com/onlinestore.
About Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
Wolters Kluwer Law & Business is a leading provider of research products and software solutions in key specialty areas for legal and business professionals, as well as casebooks and study aids for law students. Its major product lines include Aspen Publishers, CCH, Kluwer Law International and Loislaw. Its markets include law firms, law schools, corporate counsel and professionals requiring legal and compliance information. Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, a unit of Wolters Kluwer, is based in New York City and Riverwoods, Ill.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading multinational publisher and information services company. The company’s core markets are spread across the health, corporate services, finance, tax, accounting, law, regulatory and education sectors. Wolters Kluwer has annual revenues (2005) of €3.4 billion, employs approximately 18,400 people worldwide and maintains operations across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on the Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information, see www.wolterskluwer.com.
--# # #--