|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
For assistance with
interviews with CCH
Aspen Publishers, CCH Offer Insurance Coverage Litigation Integrated Library
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., August 31, 2006) – Professionals engaged in insurance coverage litigation now have a comprehensive electronic resource to meet their research and drafting needs. The Insurance Coverage Litigation Integrated Library brings together the resources of Aspen Publishers and CCH to provide professionals with expert insights, proven legal strategies, cases and litigation forms in a single, online resource on the CCH Internet Research NetWork. Aspen Publishers and CCH are brands of Wolters Kluwer Law & Business.
“The Library gives professionals premier insurance treatises from Aspen Publishers such as the Handbook on Insurance Coverage Disputes by Barry R. Ostrager and Thomas R. Newman, cited as authority by the U.S. Supreme Court,” said Wolters Kluwer Law & Business Product Manager Kristin Colquhoun. “Along with the rich case materials in the Library, these resources are the first choice of professionals in the field, now brought together in a dynamic, electronic environment.”
With the entire library, subscribers have access to proven strategies and on-point legal authority for resolving contested coverage claims, clear analysis of controlling case law and reliable references to current policy language, as well as litigation forms covering every stage of the insurance dispute for all major types of insurance actions. CCH insurance case reporters provide current case reports and full-text coverage with headnotes that clearly and quickly identify issues and holdings.
The Insurance Coverage Litigation Integrated Library consists of eight treatises, case materials and current awareness materials. The treatises are available individually or as a group. Subscribers to treatises will also have access to the cases and insurance codes they reference. Two additional sets of case materials are also available, one dealing with personal and commercial liability and the other with life, health and accident cases; each subscription to case materials includes current awareness subscriptions in the form of alerts and report letters.
- Handbook on Insurance Coverage Disputes, 13th Edition by Ostrager and Newman, provides a thorough analysis of every aspect of coverage litigation, including strategy and implementation.
- Policyholder’s Guide to the Law of Insurance Coverage by Kalis, Reiter and Segerdahl, is a mini-treatise on the law of insurance coverage, analyzing numerous policy provisions and issues across many policy types.
- Practitioner’s Guide to Litigating Insurance Coverage Actions, 2nd Edition by Oshinsky and Howard, supplies approximately 250 pleadings, motions and forms with drafting tips, guidance and strategic commentary.
- Insurance Coverage Litigation, 2nd Edition by Anderson, Stanzler and Masters, offers a detailed examination of many areas of policy disputes, with significant case citations and charts that compare laws state-by-state.
- Stempel on Insurance Contracts, 3rd Edition, is both a scholarly and practical analysis of insurance contract interpretation issues over a wide range of policy types.
- CGL Policy Handbook by Hagglund, Weimer, Whitman, Jorgensen and Hillestad, presents a plain language analysis of all coverage under commercial general liability policies, with extensive analysis of exclusions from coverage.
- Defending the Insured, by Pierce, Weston, Levy and Valentine, is a practical guide examining an insurance company’s “duty to defend” and how the parties are to conduct themselves and relate to one another.
- Insurance Antitrust and Unfair Trade Practices Law, by Hannay and Montgomery, is a comprehensive resource on federal and state antitrust and state unfair practices laws as they relate to the insurance industry.
- Insurance Litigation Cases, automatically available with any treatise subscription, contains full text of referenced cases, is searchable and also accessible through integrated links in the treatises.
- CCH Insurance Law Reports – Personal and Commercial Liability, includes case archive, indexes and case tables, with 20-25 new decisions each month.
- CCH Insurance Law Reports – Life, Health & Accident, includes case archive, indexes and case tables, with18-20 new cases each month.
- Insurance News Alerts
- Personal and Commercial Liability Report Letters
- Life, Health & Accident Report Letters
“In the electronic environment, each of these titles becomes even more valuable,” Colquhoun noted. “You can search for specific words or phrases and follow electronic links from treatises to full-text primary source documents.”
For More Information
For more information or to order the CCH Insurance Coverage Litigation Integrated Library, call 1-888-224-7377 (1-888-CCH-REPS) to speak with a sales representative.
About Wolters Kluwer Law & Business
Wolters Kluwer Law & Business is a leading provider of research products and software solutions in key specialty areas for legal and business professionals, as well as casebooks and study aids for law students. Its major product lines include Aspen Publishers, CCH, Kluwer Law International and Loislaw. Its markets include law firms, law schools, corporate counsel and professionals requiring legal and compliance information. Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, a unit of Wolters Kluwer, is based in New York City and Riverwoods, Ill.
Wolters Kluwer is a leading multinational publisher and information services company. The company's core markets are spread across the health, corporate services, finance, tax, accounting, law, regulatory and education sectors. Wolters Kluwer has annual revenues (2005) of €3.4 billion, employs approximately 18,400 people worldwide and maintains operations across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on the Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. For more information, see www.wolterskluwer.com.
--# # #--