|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
CCH Adds Government Library to Accounting Research Manager
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., May 26, 2004) – Professionals specializing in governmental accounting now have a unique and powerful new research tool: The Accounting Research ManagerTM Government Library. CCH Tax and Accounting’s Accounting Research Manager (ARM) is the premier research database of accounting, auditing, SEC and now governmental authoritative literature and interpretive guidance. CCH Tax and Accounting is the nation’s leading provider of tax and accounting information, software and services (tax.cchgroup.com).
"The Government Library brings together precisely the resources that professionals reach for first – authoritative primary sources from government agencies themselves and the insightful interpretations of the popular Miller Guide series," said Cynthia Arias, product manager. "In the Internet environment of the Accounting Research Manager, these resources become even more valuable and easy to use."
The Government Library consists of primary sources from the GASB, GAO and OMB and interpretive Miller Guides, including an update service. With Accounting Research Manager, subscribers also receive governmental headlines featured in the Weekly Summary providing updates on the latest developments.
Statements and Interpretations, Technical Bulletins, Implementation Guides and related proposal stage literature
GAO (General Accounting Office) – Governmental Auditing Standards and the Financial Audit Manual
OMB (Office of Management and Budget) – Circulars and Compliance Supplements
- Primary Sources:
- GASB (Governmental Accounting Standards Board) –
- Interpretive Miller Guides:
- Miller Governmental GAAP Guide – A one-of-a-kind, plain-English tool that discusses all the promulgated accounting principles applicable to financial reporting by state and local governments. Includes analysis of GASB Statements, GASB Interpretations, GASB Technical Bulletins, NCGA Statements, NCGA Interpretations and certain AICPA Statements of Position and Auditing and Accounting Guides.
- Miller Governmental GAAP Practice Manual – A detailed demonstration of how a governmental entity can implement the complex standards established by GASB-34 through a worksheet approach. The emphasis is on the process of preparing financial statements.
- Miller Government Audits and Single Audits – This title is dedicated to the audit professional who wants to conduct audits of local governmental entities in a more practical manner. Written by the practitioner for the practitioner, this guide includes customizable electronic practice aids – checklists, sample correspondence and auditor's reports as well as ExcelTM workpapers and compliance supplements and circulars.
- Miller Governmental GAAP Update Service – Twice-monthly updates include restatements and analyses of late-breaking GASB Statements, Interpretations and Exposure Drafts.
The Government Library can be added to an existing Accounting Research Manager subscription, purchased as a standalone subscription or in conjunction with CCH’s award-winning paperless engagement tool, ProSystem fx Engagement Version 3.0, offering professionals a seamless workflow tool. The database can be instantly accessed from Engagement without the user ever leaving the software application.
For pricing and additional information on Accounting Research Manager, call 1-888-484-4039 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a free trial, visit http://www.accountingresearchmanager.com.
About CCH Tax and Accounting
CCH Tax and Accounting (www.tax.cchgroup.com), based in Riverwoods, Ill., is the nation’s leading provider of tax and accounting information, software and services. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals and their clients since 1913. Among its market leading products are The ProSystem fx Office, CCH Tax Research NetWork, CCH Accounting Research Manager and the U.S. Master Tax Guide. CCH Tax and Accounting is a Wolters Kluwer company
(www.wolterskluwer.com). Wolters Kluwer NV is a leading multinational publisher and information services company, with annual revenues (2003) of EUR 3.4 billion and approximately 19,500 employees worldwide (www.wolterskluwer.com).
-- ### --