|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
CCH, Aspen Combine Market-Leading Pension Resources to Offer Integrated Pension Libraries
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., February 2, 2004) – Pension and benefit professionals now have one-stop electronic resources for their research and practice needs. The Pension Integrated Library and Pension and Welfare Integrated Library from CCH INCORPORATED (CCH) combine trusted, authoritative analytical materials written by top practitioners in their fields with research tools and news from both CCH and Aspen Publishers in a convenient, comprehensive, online environment. CCH and Aspen are Wolters Kluwer companies.
"We’re bringing comprehensive primary source materials from CCH, such as the Pension Plan Guide, together with in-depth, expert-authored references from Aspen. In the Internet environment, the publications can interact with each other so users can look at a news story or practice pointer and click directly into a referenced case or rule," said Dom Cervi, product management director.
The Pension Integrated Library consists of publications that address a wide range of research and practice needs, from statutes, regulations and caselaw to expert analysis, current news and forms.
The Library includes:
Primary Source Materials (CCH)
- Pension Plan Guide, which includes the full text of all relevant legislation, the Internal Revenue Code, rulings and releases from the IRS, PBGC, DOL, SEC and other government agencies, as well as benefit-related decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court and other federal courts.
Expert-Authored References (Aspen)
- The Pension Answer Book by leading pension authority Stephen J. Krass, containing to-the-point, expert answers that navigate through the many complex and confusing rules governing pensions.
- 401(k) Answer Book by Steven J. Franz, Joan C. McDonagh and Lisa R. Richardson, detailing all aspects of 401(k) plan design and administration.
- Pension Distribution Answer Book by Joan Gucciardi and Melanie Aska Knox, providing guidance through the legal, administrative, and tax requirements for all types of distributions.
- 5500 Preparer’s Manual by Janice M. Wegesin, providing complete guidance on how to handle every line on Form 5500 and related schedules.
- Official releases and updates from regulatory agencies.
- Feature news stories from a variety of CCH and Aspen publications.
- News bulletins written by the CCH pension reporting staff.
The Pension and Welfare Integrated Library contains all the above and adds two other CCH references: Compliance Guide for Plan Administrators and Employee Benefits Management.
"The publications in this library are the first choice of professionals in the field, and it makes sense to have them all available in an integrated environment, to give our customers one-step access," said Cervi.
The primary source materials, books and news/current awareness publications all appear in a common interface.
"It’s the ability to have the different types of resources work together that makes this a comprehensive solution to our customers," he added.
Citations to primary sources will be linked to the full text of the source documents and researchers will be able to perform citation and keyword searching across the library or any parts of it they designate. Subscribers can customize their "Pension Tracker" news service to automatically search each day’s new developments for items of special interest and create an individualized news release, with optional e-mail delivery.
All resources in the Pension Integrated Library and the Pension and Welfare Integrated Library will be updated on a regular basis, which ranges from daily to annually according to publication—with annually updated products linked to current updates where relevant.
For more information or to order either library, call CCH at 1-800-449-9525 or visit the CCH Online Store at onlinestore.cch.com.
A one-year subscription to the Pension Integrated Library is $1,995 for a single user; a one-year subscription to the Pension and Welfare Library is $2,595 for a single user. CCH will offer additional integrated libraries in the fields of securities regulation, health law and global capital markets.
About CCH INCORPORATED and Aspen Publishers
CCH INCORPORATED (cch.com), headquartered in Riverwoods, Ill., was founded in 1913 and has served more than four generations of business professionals and their clients. The company now produces more than 700 electronic and print products for the tax, legal, securities, human resources, health care and small business markets.
Aspen Publishers (www.aspenpublishers.com), headquartered in New York, is a leading information provider for attorneys, business professionals and law students. Written by the nation's leading authorities, Aspen's products consist of analytical and practical information in a full range of formats. Its proprietary content is complemented by 2,500 legal databases, containing more than 11 million documents, available via its Loislaw division. Aspen also offers a wide range of topical legal and business content databases linked to Loislaw's content.
CCH INCORPORATED and Aspen Publishers are Wolters Kluwer companies and are part of the Wolters Kluwer Legal unit.
-- ### --