|List By Date|
|Health Care and Entitlements|
CCH Updates Internet Home Page,
Research Network For Hr Professionals
(RIVERWOODS, ILL., December 7, 2000) Human resources professionals can
find free, useful content from CCH INCORPORATED (CCH), a leading provider of human
resources information and software, as well as an enhanced Internet-based research system
at the CCH home page for human resources: http://hr.cch.com.
The page showcases CCH products and services in the fields of human resources
management, employment law, payroll, pension and benefits, unemployment insurance and
Social Security, workers compensation, safety and OSHA, but it is also designed to
offer news and useful information to the casual visitor.
"We want hr.cch.com to be a place where people can find something useful right
away, at no cost," said, Curt Will, Director of Internet Services.
"When theyre at the site, its also easy for them to sample the great
content and services we offer, whether its a free trial of our Internet Research
NetWork, a demo of our Shared Learning sexual harassment prevention training
program or just a news story that will help them keep up-to-date in the HR field."
Directly on the home page, users can access a wide range of news and practical
information. If they wish, they can scan across several areas employment law, hr
management, payroll, pensions and benefits, unemployment insurance and workers
compensation/safety - or they can narrow that range to a single
field of interest.
Time-saving Access to Comprehensive Information and News
A "News and Information" section lists headlines for recent news items, with
links to in-depth coverage available in CCH research products and other sources.
Visitors can also subscribe to free NetNews weekly newsletters that are distributed by
e-mail as well as available on the website. Each NetNews covers the latest news in one of
5 topic areas: Employment Law, Human Resources, Payroll and Unemployment
Insurance, Pension and Benefits and Safety and Workers Compensation. Subscribers
receive a weekly list of headlines via e-mail, with links to summaries of new
The newsletters will be especially useful to subscribers to the CCH Internet
Research Library, who can link from references in the summary stories to the full text
of court decisions and other full-text documents. Those who are not subscribed to the CCH
Internet Research NetWork can sign up for free 15-day trials via the web site.
Online Tools and Solutions
An "Online Tools and Solutions" section contains several features that keep
users up to date and productive. In addition to summaries of federal and state law changes
and updates on global employment and labor law, the section contains:
- HR Issues and Answers, which feature provocative analyses of issues of current
concern such as the extent to which an employer must "read the mind" of a
former employee eligible for COBRA
- The CCH Human Resources Calendar, which provides monthly reminders of payroll
filing dates, closing dates for comments on proposed regulations and notices of
- Productivity Tools, which links visitors to PerformanceReview.com, PersonnelPolicy.com
and JobDescription.com, three powerful, but easy-to-use, net-based tools that
can be accessed for one-time use and are also available as three-month or one-year
subscriptions. Visitors can also take a free "test drive" of each tool and
review their completed examples.
- Free E-Mail Training Courses, which offer visitors the chance to sign up for
brief courses in areas such as Interviewing and Selection, Effective Performance
Reviews, Becoming a Better Manager and Complying with the FMLA.
- Human Resources Links, which facilitate dozens of useful contacts over the Internet,
offering a wealth of links to sites ranging from the Academy of Human Resource Development
and the Bureau of Labor Statistics to specialized relocation calculators, including links
to each states department of labor.
Research NetWork Enhanced
Subscribers to the CCH Internet Research NetWork or the CCH Compliance Solutions
Internet-based training program can use the http://hr.cch.com home page as a launching pad
for their research sessions. Research NetWork subscribers will now find a number of
enhancements in this leading-edge system:
- New install options for Login Express allow it to be displayed as a Windows
Taskbar icon or as a Desktop Toolbar.
- In search results lists, search terms are now highlighted in context, so users can home
in on the most relevant documents more quickly.
- A new button returns search options to the default settings with a single click.
- Recent searches appear as hot links in the users "Path," making it
possible to re-run an earlier search with a mouse click.
- Researchers can also add comments to their "Path" noting the relevance
of a document, for example, so they can quickly and efficiently review the results of
their research sessions.
- The users "My CCH" page now offers a quick way to return to the last
document or search results list viewed during a session.
- A "three-minute warning" gives users the option of continuing their research
without "timing out" if they have not performed searches or other functions in
30 minutes during their session
- A "Remove All Favorites" button has been added on the My CCH Research
Publications blue bar to allow easier maintenance of this function
- A new link has been added to the Interactive Forms tab that gives users the option to
install prior year forms software on their PCs.
- A new "Move Documents" function has been added within the Folder Maintenance
section of the Keep List
- "Print and View Forms" now allows users to select the format - TIFF or GIF that works best with their browser and printer.
- An enhanced Path function shows any changes made to user preferences, movement through
tabs and topics and any actions taken within the Keep List
"Were adding features that save a few seconds here and a few mouse clicks
there but all those seconds and shortcuts add up over the course of a
researchers day. CCH continues to combine authoritative, Internet-based research
with speed, flexibility and personalization," said Will.
About CCH INCORPORATED
CCH INCORPORATED, headquartered in Riverwoods, Ill., was founded in 1913 and has
served four generations of business professionals and their clients. The company produces
more than 700 electronic and print products for the tax, legal, securities, insurance,
human resources, health care and small business markets. CCH is a wholly owned subsidiary
of Wolters Kluwer North America. The CCH web site can be accessed at www.cch.com. The CCH human resources web site
can be accessed at http://hr.cch.com.
-- ### --